Thanks to our trailblazing friends at the Vegan Society of Aotearoa New Zealand (VSANZ), September 3 has become known as World Vegan Pie Day. This year, the VSANZ has kindly asked us to collaborate with them on a competition to search for the most true blue Down Under vegan pie flavour. We naturally jumped at the chance to help discover what Australians and New Zealanders reckon would be a bonza (or sweet as) flavour combo!
For the first 3 weeks of September, we are taking your suggestions via our social media for your best vegan pie flavour. With the AFL finals season underway, Vegan Australia also thought there's no better time to showcase Aussie creativity and our enduring love affair with pies and the footy. AFL Grand Final Day (September 25) is the final day to enter.
VSANZ has partnered with the multi-award-winning pie company Richoux Patisserie who will be helping to select their favourite flavour suggestion and send the winner a year's worth of vegan pies delivered to their door!!
Vegan Australia has partnered with meal delivery service, Herbidoor who will bake up a really big prize in their commercial kitchen to send to the Australian winner they select. Heribdoor already has two delicious Vegan Australia Certified pies on their menu (BBQ Cottage Pie and Potato and Leek Pie). The winning suggestion may just end up being added to their repertoire!
See our posts on VA's and VSANZ's social media to enter the competition:
Vegan Australia: Facebook | Instagram
Vegan Society of Aotearoa New Zealand: Facebook | Instagram
Know a great NZ vegan pie maker? Be sure to let them know to enter the NZ Vegan Pie Awards!
2021 World Vegan Pie Day Competition Terms and Conditions
- The promoters of the Ultimate Downunder Vegan Pie Flavour Search Competition [the competition] are Vegan Australia [VA] and the Vegan Society of Aotearoa New Zealand [VSANZ].
- Employees, committee members or directors of VA or NZVS will not be eligible to enter the competition.
- To be eligible for the competition, participants must have an Australian or New Zealand address, and provide this in writing to VA and VSANZ if selected as the winner. [Unfortunately, the Australian prize donor cannot deliver to the Northern Territory].
- The competition will run from Friday September 3, 2021 until Saturday September 25, 2021.
- The competition will close at midnight AEST on Saturday September 25.
- The competition will be co-judged in Australia by VA and representatives of Herbidoor, and in New Zealand by VSANZ and representatives of Richoux Patisserie.
- The winner will be notified within 7 days.
- The promoters will make reasonable attempts to contact the winner via social media Direct Message. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 7 days of notification, VAU and VSANZ reserve the right to withdraw the prize, and select a replacement winner.
- VAU and VSANZ reserve the right to publish the name of the winner on their websites, social media or newsletters.
- Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current Australian and New Zealand data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant's prior consent.
- The competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Instagram or any other social network.
- Entrants to the competition agree to be bound by these terms and conditions unconditionally.
If you would like to keep up to date with this and other topics, sign up to our newsletter.
← Previous post:
Animal industry threatened by growth of plant-based products
Next post: →
Animal welfare inquiry told: phase out animal farming
Be the first to comment
Sign in with