To celebrate Vegan Australia's Love a Chicken Day we proudly present this recipe for Vegan Burrito with bean rice & mushrooms from Green Bowl 2 Soul.
Vegan Burrito with bean rice & mushrooms
A delicious Mexican treat these vegan Burritos are stuffed with bean rice and sauteed mushrooms & onions. They are easy to make and taste awesome. These burritos are very filling and can be enjoyed at any time of the day.
For the bean rice:
- 1/2 cup uncooked rice
- 1/2 cup boiled/canned kidney beans
- 1/2 cup salsa (homemade/store bought)
- 1 cube vegetable stock
- Salt to taste
- 2.5 cup water / as required to cook the rice & bean
- 1/4 cup chopped coriander leaves
For Sauteed mushrooms:
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 cup sliced button mushrooms, any type of your choice
- 1 tsp chipotle powder/red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
- 6 tortilla
- 6 Tbsp vegan sour cream
- 3 Tbsp chopped coriander leaves
- Put all the "bean rice" ingredients in a pot and cook until rice is done.
- In another pan, heat some olive oil and add the onions to it. Saute until the onion becomes translucent.
- Next, add in the mushrooms and cook until the water released by the mushrooms has evaporated.
- Add in the salt, garlic powder, and chilli powder. Saute for another minute and switch off the gas.
- Warm the tortillas on a pan. Once ready, arrange the ingredients on the tortillas. Start with the bean rice mix, adding the onions and mushrooms, and topping it off with vegan sour cream and chopped coriander leaves.
- Roll them up tight, making sure to tuck both ends in, and grill lightly on both the sides.
- Serve with guacamole or salsa.
If you would like to keep up to date with this and other topics, sign up to our newsletter.
← Previous post:
Dairy industry: label your products honestly
Next post: →
Easy sausage rolls
Next recipe: →
Easy sausage rolls
Do you like this post?
Be the first to comment
Sign in with