The amazing rise of veganism in Australia over the last few years has coincided with an equally impressive growth in vegan businesses.
One example of this is the expansion of The Cruelty Free Shop. It grew from a small online store based out of a spare room in Sydney 15 years ago to a nationwide chain of five stores, including the recently opened Melbourne branch, which is now the biggest vegan shop in the world.
This rapid growth has generated new service businesses that cater specifically to these vegan businesses. For example, there are now vegan web designers who mainly work with other vegan businesses.
And now there is a service designed to teach vegan businesses how to do their own publicity, raise their profile and get featured in the media. Vegans in the Limelight is a comprehensive online PR course presented by Katrina Fox from Vegan Business Media. Katrina is an award winning journalist, presenter, author and media consultant.
Starting on 5 June 2017, the course is delivered over 12 weeks, comprising weekly video training, downloadable templates, answers to your questions posted on the learning platform, plus three live group calls with Katrina. It is the first and only online PR course specifically for vegan and plant-based professionals.
Even if you don't think that PR is 'your thing', you should check out this course. It asks:
- Are you nervous about approaching journalists because you have no idea how to go about it?
- Do you feel 'icky' about promotion and marketing?
- Are you worried you'll be made to look a fool and have friends and family laugh at you?
- Do you believe that only 'other people' in your field get to become media stars (and are secretly envious of them because you know just as much, if not more, than them or your product or service is equal to or better than theirs)?
- Do you know the value of PR and want to be in the media but don't have a budget to hire a publicist or PR firm?
- Have you had a bit of media coverage here and there and want to be featured consistently?
- Would you like to learn simple strategies and have access to easy, fill-in-the-blank templates that you can use to get your vegan business in the media?
- Would you like to be able to ask questions about media and PR to an experienced vegan journalist as you learn?
- Would you like to feel confident in regularly approaching journalists, spending just a couple of hours a month doing your own PR?
Do you want to put your vegan brand in front of the public, quickly and for free? Getting media coverage is the way to do it. With just one story or interview, you can be in front of huge numbers of people. Best of all, when you do your own PR, it costs nothing! Being featured in the media is free publicity.
Interested? check out Vegans in the Limelight.
If you would like to keep up to date with this and other topics, sign up to our newsletter.
← Previous post:
World's biggest vegan shop now open in Melbourne
Next post: →
Australian farmers ignoring the cow in the room
← Previous business article:
Vegan health practitioners
Next business article: →
Just good business: why all restaurants should add vegan options to their menu