Volunteer code of conduct
Our volunteers are at the heart of all of the work that we do. This Code of Conduct sets out guidelines for the kind of behaviour that Vegan Australia expects of volunteers and others who work with us.
- Aim to create a welcoming, constructive, peaceful and safe environment for all those who interact with Vegan Australia.
- Act to further the vision and mission of Vegan Australia.
- Be honest and have the highest ethical standards when dealing with others.
- Be fact based, ensure your statements are able to be backed up by reliable references.
- Treat others fairly and with respect, and do not harass, victimise or discriminate against others on the grounds of sex (including pregnancy), sexuality (including transgender status), gender, race, colour, ethnic or ethno-religious background, descent or national identity, marital status, disability, mental illness, neuro(a)typicality, physical appearance, body size, age, political conviction or religious belief, carers' responsibilities or other grounds covered by antidiscrimination or other relevant legislation.
- Understand and comply with the laws of consent.
- Be non-violent in all interactions.
- Ensure the safety of others.
- Respect the rights of others, including privacy and confidentiality.
- Value and respect different opinions and approaches to achieving our aims. We are all working for a common cause.
- Act responsibly when becoming aware of any unethical behaviour, wrong doing or behaviour that goes against this code of conduct.