Your chance to speak out.
Note: submissions have now closed. Thank you to the over 450 supporters who signed the petition or made their own submissions.
The NSW parliament is currently inquiring into food: how to improve food security and equitable access to food, its impact on climate change and the environment, more sustainable methods of producing food and reducing inefficiencies.
Vegan Australia has written a full submission to the inquiry about how animal agriculture contributes to food insecurity, climate change, resource waste and the degradation of land, fresh water and ocean environments.
You can help by doing two actions:
- Sign our petition. We will submit it on your behalf to the inquiry. Sign below.
- Make your own submission. It's easy! Just visit the government inquiry website, click on Submissions and say why you think the world should move away from animal agriculture. A few dot points will do.
Please sign the petition and make your own submission. The petition is below...
Dear members of the Committee on Environment and Planning,
Given that animal agriculture contributes to food insecurity, climate change, resource waste and the degradation of land, fresh water and ocean environments, I ask the committee to recommend that the government:
- acknowledge the many ways that animal agriculture causes damage to the planet and how this impacts food security
- shift government food purchases to 100% plant-based
- assist the development of new plant-based industries, particularly value-added export industries
- support a just transition of the agricultural system away from animal production to other uses of the land
- encourage a move towards healthy plant-based diets
- ensure that vested interests do not influence public policy
Thank you for considering this petition.
NOTE: Submissions to the parliamentary inquiry have now closed.